The CANFAR consortium is organized as a network of university nodes that participate in determining directions and emphasis of the consortium through membership in the Executive Committee.
The day-to-day operation of the consortium is coordinated by the management team which consists of:
- Principle investigator (from CANFAR lead institutions)
- Science coordinator observations
- Science coordinator simulations
- Computing & data coordinator
- Consortium management coordinator
The consortium has an advisory committee that has both scientific and computational and data expertise representation. Agreements between members may formalize relations as needed.