The James Web Space Telescope FGS-NIRISS science team is led by Professor René Doyon from the Université de Montréal, Director of the Mont-Mégantic Observatory, Director of the Institute for Research on Exoplanets (iRex), and member of the Centre de recherche en astrophysique du Québec (CRAQ). The team includes astronomers from: COM DEV; the National Research Council Canada; Saint Mary’s University; the Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI); the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETH Zurich); the Université de Montréal; York University; the University of Rochester; Cornell University; and the University of Toronto.
CANFAR current activities
- The NIRISS team is working with the CADC and the CSA to define their requirements for integrating CANFAR into their workflow both for science and instrument team work.
Data & software needs and future plans
- The requirements of the team at Université de Montréal will drive the development of CANFAR systems that will serve all Canadian JWST users.
- Project web page: http://jwst.astro.umontreal.ca/
- Node lead and contact: René Doyon
- Professor René Doyon from the Université de Montréal: Team Lead
- Chris Willott (NRC-HAA: Co-Investigator)
- John Hutchings (NRC-HAA: Science Team)
- David Lafrenière (UdeM: Science Team)
- Judy Pipher (Rochester: Science Team)